2 arrested after police chase ends with crash | News
RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS) – Two people are in custody after deputies say they led police on a short chase in the Blythewood area Tuesday morning.
It began when deputies responded to a burglary call at Fairfield Electric off Blythewood Road around 3:30 Tuesday morning, according a spokesperson with the Richland County Sheriff's Department. When deputies arrived on the scene they saw a 2001 Pontiac driving away.
The spokesperson says deputies attempted to pull the Pontiac over, but the suspects did not stop. The car later crashed at the nearby intersection of Blythewood Road and Wilson Boulevard, which is just over a mile and a half away.
One of the suspects, Dajon Whitaker, 18, was arrested near the scene of the crash and the second suspect, Lyndon Douglas, 24, was located in a neighborhood near the scene. Deputies say a neighbor called them after noticing Douglas in a neighborhood off Elton Walker Road. Douglas was taken into custody without incident.
Deputies said two rolls of copper worth approximately $8,000 were found in the trunk of the vehicle.
Whitaker and Douglas were charged with burglary and transported to the Alvin S. Glenn
Copyright 2013 WIS. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WIS porn investigation gets county administrator probation, pay cut
- Boil water advisory issued for the Town of Ridgeway
- Legendary Speakers to Present at Fairfield County Historical Society Annual Meeting
- The Lumber River Quartet To Sing At Lake Wateree Baptist Church On April 28
- Cop who shot wife while on duty sentenced to 17 years in prison